Tuesday 20 July 2010

THE WORLD HAS HELD GREAT HEROES...



Look at the pic above - my part of it was drawn around 25 years ago when I worked as a resize artist on the BUSTER and WHIZZER & CHIPS comic libraries.  That entailed turning one standard-sized page into two 'commando' sized pages.  Relax, I won't bore you all with the reasons as to why in this post.  Anyone interested can skip over to the excellent BUSTER site at http://www.bustercomic.co.uk/ and read a fuller account on the interviews page.  However, part of the process often involved extending the odd panel or two.  I could've merely extended the horizon lines to fill out the pic, but I liked to give the editor value for money, hence the addition of Mr. TOAD and my own character, PERCY PROON, on the left-hand side of the picture.

I was always quite proud of the effort I put into the comic libraries and I remember working on this panel as if it were yesterday, so just thought I'd post it here.  Bear in mind that a comic libraries page (before printing) was only about twice the size of the published item, so I had to draw pretty small.

Here's another one from a CHAMP strip...


...and one from SHINER...


...and one from TOMBOY.


Yup, ol' Percy sure got around in those days.

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...