Sunday 26 September 2010

THANKS FOR THE MEMORY...

 
"Gee, the waiters in this place are really old!"

Remember what I said a few posts back about when you're really famous, someone always wants to have a photo taken with you?  Well, here I am on a night out some years back - the older fellow was an unknown, but promising, up-and-coming U.S. comedian called BOB HOPE.  I hear he was quite good, but, sadly, he's no longer with us.

"Just sign here, Kid - I'll fill in the amount later." 

He wanted an autograph of course, so here he is (with wife Dolores) indicating where he wanted me to sign and even providing a pen for my convenience.  He probably had it on eBay five minutes later and made a fortune from it.  What can you do?  Ah, the price of fame!

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...