Sunday 18 March 2012

FAVOURITE FANTASTIC COVERS...


Images copyright MARVEL COMICS

Don't worry, all you FANTASTIC fans - the following covers will appear in their appointed place in my Fantastic Cover Gallery when the time comes.  However, someone from another blog isn't getting any younger.  He may well be an old man by the time I get around to publishing them, so I thought I'd feature some of his favourite covers all in one post.

So, these are for him - feast your eyes on these Fantastic favourites.

Back page Pin-Up from issue #38



Unfortunately, I don't have the gift - but here's a b&w interior illustration

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see the inside of that free Apollo capsule again.

Kid said...

So would I - can't remember if I've got the free gift - will have to check.

Dougie said...

Cheers. I do feel the Reaper's breath on the back of my neck! The covers from number 50 on are the ones I remember; is that January '68?

Kid said...

Yeah - 44 years ago. I can't believe it sometimes.

baab said...

would that be a barry smith drawing as pin-up
I recognise the mimics right hand from somewhere else
though....curses...thats the grey matter away lookin for something.

Kid said...

Sure looks like Barry Smith artwork to me, baab - he's doing typical Kirby-type hands, as he tended to do at this point in his career.

Kid said...

Anon - didn't have the gift, only the next best thing. A black and white picture of it from inside the magazine. Perhaps you can colour it up on computer and make your own version of it? If so, I'd like to see it.

Nick Caputo said...

Kid,

I'd agree wholeheartedly that the Mimic is by Barry Smith.

Kid said...

Thanks Nick. Good to have it verified.

Dougie said...

I just bought 50 and 53 on ebay but I'm saving them for my Easter holidays. Hoping to find other collectables at the Inversneckie Expo next weekend.

Kid said...

Only another 87 to go, Dougie. Start the countdown.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...