Saturday 5 May 2012

A LITTLE BIT THOR - COVER GALLERY...


Copyright MARVEL COMICS

Here's a special treat for all you Crivvie THOR fans - a super selection of six KING-SIZE covers from the early days of his career before he became a massive, mega-hit movie star.  The first four are drawn by JACK KIRBY (with a panel by JOE SINNOTT in #s 1 & 2), and the fifth and sixth are by MARIE SEVERIN and SAL BUSCEMA respectively (unless I'm very much mistaken).  Enjoy passing your peepers over such awesome art.






4 comments:

Simon B said...

It looks to me like Marie Severin had a hand in that SME #1 cover. Inks possibly?

Kid said...

Actually, looking at it again more carefully, I'd say it was completely drawn by Marie Severin. I've therefore amended the post. Thanks for the input.

Scott Caldwell said...

Hey Kid, I'm not too knowledgeable about the artists of this era, so I'll just settle for saying these are really cool!! Keep 'em coming :)

Kid said...

Thanks, Scott - I'll do my best. Glad you're enjoying the blog.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...