Thursday 15 November 2012

TV21 CAPTAIN SCARLET ALBUM...


Images copyright relevant owner

Known and loved everywhere for my generosity as I am, it should come as no surprise to anyone that I often seek to share with others far less fortunate than myself.  Why, there's many a sleeping tramp who has been suddenly warmed by the steam from the amber liquid I bestow upon them whilst they're huddled in a cardboard box on the cold streets of Glasgow.  I'm just that sort of a guy.

It's that same spirit of charitable unselfishness for which I'm so justly famous that now prompts me to impart unto all you Crivs this super free gift given away with TV CENTURY 21 #155, cover-dated January 6th 1968.  There's no need to thank me - such altruism comes naturally to this humble blog host.

Incidentally, this was the first issue of the title to be called simply TV21, as opposed to TV Century 21, which it had been officially known as for the previous 154 numbers.  However, most kids had referred to it as TV21 since its inception, so the publishers were merely following suit.

















3 comments:

John Pitt said...

I must have missed this in my tv21 days- I would have snatched it up! I did have a full set of the bubblegum cards though! Incidentally am I the ONLY one who remembers captain Umber? I can find no mention of him on the internet!

Kid said...

Now I'll have to watch my Captain Scarlet DVDs to see if I can spot Captain Umber. Or could it have been Amber?

JohnPitt said...

No he was definitely Umber ( dark brown) .There was a Capt. Amber cropped up in the new (CGI) version of CD though!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...