Thursday 28 March 2013

SPIDER-MAN COMICS WEEKLY COVER GALLERY - PART SEVEN...

Images copyright MARVEL COMICS

Unlike The MIGHTY WORLD Of MARVEL mag, companion periodical SPIDER-MAN COMICS WEEKLY didn't have as many feature pages and pin-ups in its early issues.  This means that the material available is rather more limited in the case of the ol' Web-spinner's U.K. comic, so we'll just have to make do with what we've got.

Still, the covers themselves are well-worth seeing, as are the select pages which I graciously present for your viewing pleasure.  Just think - SMCW cost a mere 5 new pence, and featured STEVE DITKO classic SPIDEY stories and JACK KIRBY titanic THOR tales - an absolute bargain in anybody's language.

(Looking at the ad below, I just can't understand why I didn't send away for a HULK T-Shirt.  I must've been mad - or bereft of funds.)

Remember to keep your peepers peeled for Part Eight!
  






4 comments:

Gey Blabby said...

Some will disagree, I'm sure, but that portrait of Odin reminds me that no one drew Thor's dad as well as Big John Buscema.

Kid said...

Certainly no one drew Odin BETTER than Big John B.

Gey Blabby said...

"Superman does good; you’re doing well" flashed through my head as I typed that one, but my internal editor let it go, alas.

Kid said...

I know exactly what you mean (he lied).



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...