Sunday 18 August 2013

GROUND CONTROL TO SANTA CLAUS...



know it was an evening in December, but I'm unable to pinpoint the precise year.  Could've been 1966, certainly no later than '68,  just before Christmas.  I was out shopping with my parents and, whilst in Woolworth's, I saw a toy which I immediately had to have.  Luckily it was inexpensive and, well - it was nearly Christmas, so my parents purchased it for me.  It was a friction-drive toy (Marx* perhaps?) of Santa Claus in a rocket sleigh, with a reindeer head protruding from the front of it.  Behind Santa was the top half of his sack full of toys.  (*LP Toys was the manufacturer.)

I'd like to have this toy again, so if anybody recognises its description and knows where I might acquire one, I'd appreciate them letting me know in the comments section.  Sorry, I don't have a photo to show what it look like.

(Update: Well, I didn't when I first published this post, but I do now.  The toy was called Space Blimp Of Christmas, and I managed to obtain one in an earlier version of the box [above] than the one [below] I recall the toy having when I got my first one.)  

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...