Saturday 28 September 2013

BATMAN ANNUALS TIMES THREE...


Images copyright DC COMICS

Here's a cracking hardback book I got a good while back, but neglected to inform all you Crivvies of.  It's part of the DC COMICS CLASSICS LIBRARY, and features the first three BATMAN ANNUALS.  Although I'm a big fan of the MARVEL MASTERWORKS books and large-size OMNIBUS volumes, I must confess that I prefer the paper DC uses in its reprint books.  Marvel uses a glossy paper which reflects the light, whereas DC employs a matte paper which captures the mood of the traditional comics page.  I wish Marvel would follow suit.


Although DC published a replica edition of the first Batman Annual a few years ago, it's handy to have it and the subsequent two editions in the same volume.  Doubtless it would set collectors back a few quid to acquire original issues, so this handsome hardback edition with a dynamic dustjacket is just the ticket for all those of you who haven't yet won the lottery.


Featuring such tales as - oh stuff it - there are far too many to mention.  You'll just have to get your own copy to discover just what Dark Knight delights it contains.  The perfect Christmas present to give yourself before December 25th.

ISBN #978-1-4012-2192-8




4 comments:

John Pitt said...

It will indeed have been a truly great book, Kidda! I have just spent a thoroughly enjoyae week re-reading those Batman annuals and 80 page giants I used to have and reading those I didn't have for the first time! Words cannot describe how much I am enjoying them!

Kid said...

So you've got these stories, JP? In this book, or some other form?

John Pitt said...

I stumbled upon a website "readcomicsonline.com" and I am seeking out all my old favourites! Of course, should anybody accidentally click on any given page, it may unintentionally get downloaded?
I believe?
In theory.
I think I have heard some say....

Kid said...

I'll give it a miss, I think, JP. I prefer the real deal. Ta anyway.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...