Saturday 5 October 2013

SUPERCAR - THROUGH THE HEAVENS' MIGHTY RAGE...


Back when I was a very young kid, I had a friction-drive SUPERCAR toy (manufactured by FAIRYLITE) which, though not particularly accurate, was certainly recognizable.  I placed it atop our BELLING electric fire one day, and the rising heat from the bars warped one of the wings slightly.  The toy is long lost to the mists of time and I've never really tried to replace it, though I may get around to it one day.  (Update: Now done so.)


Thankfully, however, PRODUCT ENTERPRISE stepped up to the bat with their excellent representation of the famed GERRY ANDERSON vehicle several years ago and I bought two of them.  (One to display, and the other to be kept in reserve.)  I now have more Supercars than I ever owned as a kid - four by JOHNNY LIGHTNING, two by Product Enterprise and one by CECIL COLEMAN.  (Not forgetting the one by Fairylite.)


Thought I'd share a few of photos of the PE version here.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

Wayne Thompson said...

Hi Kid,

Have you seen this: http://gerry-anderson-collection.com/

Kid said...

Wow, that looks fantastic, Wayne. Thanks for letting me know.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...