Friday 1 May 2015

INDIANA JONES & THE MISSING ISSUE...


Copyright relevant owner

Got it at last!  A whole 30 years after I failed to find this ish in my local shops back in 1985, I finally managed to track down a copy on eBay last night and am currently awaiting delivery.  It wasn't a particularly great series, but the collector's mentality insists on filling the gaps so I had to have it.  There were only 11 issues of this monthly, and having just pulled out my collection of them from a cupboard, I see that #11 is also missing.  Drat!!!  I was sure I had it, so has it simply become separated from the others, or is it yet another one I also missed?  I thought my mission to complete the set was finally at an end, but it looks like the journey isn't over yet.  Back to eBay then - one final stage of the task yet remains.

(Update: And you'll all no doubt be thrilled to learn that I've now managed to obtain that elusive #11, as well as the Christmas Special mentioned in the comments section.) 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

And did you know, Kid, that he was originally going to be called Indiana Smith ? They obviously saw sense and realised Jones was much cooler...well, I could have told them that. When 'Raiders Of The Lost Ark' came out I thought it referred to Noah's ark !

Kid said...

And did you know they originally wanted Tom Selleck for the role, but he couldn't get time away from his Magnum TV show to do it? (I knew it referred to the Ark of the Covenant.)

TC said...

Somehow, "Jones" goes with "Indiana" better than "Smith."

I didn't know at first whether the title referred to Noah's Ark, the Ark of the Covenant, or to something else. I think I read an article in "Starlog" magazine that explained it, shortly before I saw the movie.

There was a Big Bang Theory episode where the four nerds got upset when it was pointed out to them that Indy didn't really affect the outcome. He did rescue Marion, but you could make a case that he led the Nazis to her in the first place. (But you could also make a case that they would have found her anyway.) He failed to stop the villains from getting the Ark, and what saved the day was the Ark's powers killing them.

Kid said...

A bit like the recent Bond movies, TC. Bond comes across as a crap strategist who only wins at the end of the day mainly through sheer dumb luck. It was his stupidity that got M killed in Skyfall.

B Smith said...

Can I just say you're all full of poop.

Kid said...

Gasp! Had a couple of sherries, eh, BS?

John Pitt said...

There was an Indy Christmas Special as well, Kid. Hope you've got it?

Kid said...

I know about it, JP - and where I can get one when the time comes.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...