Tuesday 12 May 2015

MORE MANIC KEN REID MADNESS....


Copyright REBELLION

Ooh, look at the very latest goodie I managed to obtain from somewhere-or-other only relatively recently.  Regarding the page below, I used to own the original artwork for it.  I'll have to check whether I made a copy before I parted with it, but I do have a photo somewhere.

From SCORCHER, May 30th 1970

I mainly associate KEN REID with FRANKIE STEIN, so it's interesting to see, in the strip below, a version by Ken of the 'real' monster, as opposed to the 'friendly' one.  I was never into football, but I bought SHOOT!, SCORCHER, SCORE (and Scorcher & Score when they merged) for a while, at least.  Do I recall any of these football strips?  Do I 'eck as like!  Enjoy!

From SCORCHER, June 26th 1971

Original art for The SUB

6 comments:

pete doree said...

Wow, that's a treasure and and a 'alf, and no mistake!

Kid said...

Ain't it great? And it's MINE!

John Pitt said...

Wowsers! I didn't know they'd actually compiled them into a book! - Honest! I was just speculating.
It goes just nice with the other 3!

Kid said...

Mine - ALL mine! Cackle!

Ken said...

Is Football Forum included in this book? I remember reading Sub but cannot recall the other Ken Reid footie strips. As with all of Ken's work, an absolute joy.

Ken.

Kid said...

Football Forum - and every other football themed strip that Ken drew for Scorcher (& Score).



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...