Thursday 7 May 2015

THE 'LYNX' EFFECT?



Betcha when you saw the above pic in thumbnail form, you thought "What's that nutter up to now?"  However, it's not what you thought it was, it's only a sausage and there's an amusing true story behind it.

So I'm in my local ICELAND (trying to avoid PETER ANDRE over in FARMFOODS - traitor) and see an empty checkout.  I ask the bored-looking assistant if she's serving - "Yes," she says - so I hand over my bag of 40 (count 'em - 40) sausages for only £2, and, as she's about to scan the barcode, a trio of women appear from nowhere (like Mr. BENN's shopkeeper) and form a queue behind me.

"Where did they come from?" asks the assistant, jokingly.  "They followed me" quips I.  "I have that effect on women - it's the 'links' effect," I say, pointing at the bag of sausages on the counter.  Cue uproarious laughter all 'round.  Sometimes I amaze even myself with just how witty I am.

(LYNX effect - LINKS effect.  Geddit?  Nobody around here ever watch the TV ads?  Sheesh!)

4 comments:

John Pitt said...

All right, I've got one for you:-
I was getting my change at the checkout at Tesco's when a supervisor came up and said to the cashier, "Somebody's spilt a packet of raisins next to your till. I'm going to send a cleaner to sweep them up." As I was walking away, I said to the cashier, "She's just keeping you informed of the CURRANT situation."
Did she laugh?
Did she 'eckaslike!

Kid said...

That supervisor was just 'raisin' a laugh, JP.

John Pitt said...

Well after the blank reception I received, I felt like in - sultana!

Kid said...

Isn't that the name of a Peter Andre song?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...