Friday 11 September 2015

A KNOCKOUT FREE GIFT...



Little did I know back in June of 1971 that I'd be moving to another house in a different neighbourhood a mere year later.  At the time, the future seemed to stretch out in front of me, eternal and unchanging to the familiar present I then knew.  It was not to be.

KNOCKOUT lasted for two years, covering the last year in my old house and the first year in my new one.  Strange, then, that apart from the 1972 Holiday Special and '73 Annual (which came out in August or September of '72), I associate the comic mainly with my former abode, not its successor.

Anyway, above is the free 'shaking' skeleton given away with #2, and below is the cover of the issue itself.  If you have any memories of this comic that you'd care to share, then the comments section awaits.
    

And below is another version, given away with a later IPC periodical - the Scottish edition of VULCAN #1.

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...