Saturday, 23 January 2016

THE OLD ORDER CHANGETH...


Images copyright DC COMICS

JACK KIRBY, great as he was (when he was great),
wasn't always consistent from panel-to-panel, as you can see
above.  The woman is next to the older man in the first picture,
but, in the next, she's suddenly alongside the younger man who
was on the other side of the old guy.  This continuity lapse was
corrected for reprints over the years, meaning that, unless you
own the original printing of NEW GODS #1, you've never
seen that panel as Jack originally drew it.  A  trivial thing
to be sure, but I thought you might like to know.

2 comments:

Rip Jagger said...

I never noticed this and I have New Gods #1. Learn something everyday. Speed kills continuity.

Rip Off

Kid said...

I noticed years ago, but never thought it was a piece of trivia I'd put to use one day. Thank goodness for blogs, eh?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...