Wednesday, 19 April 2017

WAYFINDERS MOONSHOT SHOES...



Okay, hands up if you ever had a pair of WAYFINDERS MOON-
SHOT shoes back in the late '60s or early '70s.  I did, and it's amazing
how excited one can get over seeing one's footprints in the mud.  If any-
thing, kids walked in mud more often, just to see the imprint of their shoes
in it.  The good things about these shoes (apart from the undersides) were
the free LETRASET transfers and the lunar space capsule with a magnet
on the back, enabling you to make it glide above the moon's surface on a
backdrop printed inside the box.  I wish they still made these shoes
today, 'cos I for one would definitely buy a pair.

Do you remember these shoes, readers?  If so, reminisce away
to your hearts' content in our scintillating comments section.

7 comments:

paul Mcscotty said...

Nice to see the full advert for these again, I always wanted the "Moon shoes" as a kid but I got the ones with the animal tracks and compass ( I think they came out first)- Great days

Anonymous said...

I'm sure I had a similar pair with a compass hidden in the heel, or is my memory playing up?

Terence

Kid said...

I think I had a pair of them as well, PM, 'cos I remember the compass. Yeah, I think they came out first. The Moonshot shoes probably came out near the time of the lunar landings.

******

No, T, your memory isn't playing tricks, as PM's comment testifies. As PM says, great days, eh?

Anonymous said...

Posted at the same time! Yes had forgotten all about those. Slightly off subject but It has just reminded me of my Loafer shoes and hammering metal pieces into the leather heel, which when walking sounded like tap dancers walking down the road!

T

Kid said...

'Segs' they were called in Britain. Used to have them myself from time to time. Not on my Doc Martins, obviously.

Steve said...

I don't remember the Space Shoes but I had a pair of the shoes with the compass in the heel.
On the soles of the shoes were prints of animal paws.
If I recall correctly they were called Pathfinders.
Oh happy days

Kid said...

Yup, S, that's what they were called. The comic strip adverts for them are on the blog somewhere. Type Clarks Commandos into the search box and they should pop up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...