Wednesday 13 September 2017

AURORA'S DR. JEKYLL AS MR. HYDE...



Well, okay - it's actually the MOEBIUS reissue of AURORA's famous Dr. JEKYLL As Mr. HYDE kit, but why split hairs?  I built and painted this for someone I know, so let's hope he feels that his many months of waiting were worth it when I finally hand it over to him sometime tomorrow.  In fact, he may well see it on this blog first along with the rest of you, so count yourself lucky to have front row seats to its unveiling.

You may be wondering why he had to wait so long for it, and the reason for that is because I can only apply myself to anything that requires intense attention for very short periods at a time before I need to go lie down and have a rest.  So it's a wee bit here and wee dod there when I have the energy, but, in this case, I like to flatter myself that the finished result is worth the many hours of time and effort I put into it.  (Incidentally, for some curious reason, the head didn't have any teeth, so the teeth you see are ones I made out of spare bits of plastic.)

Who'd ever think that assembling and painting a plastic model could feel like constructing the Forth Road Bridge?  (Unless it's a model of the Forth Road Bridge that is.)  Don't be shy about showering me with praise for the completed item; in fact, I insist.    







6 comments:

Oscar Dowson said...

I never even noticed the good arm, evil arm thing before. Good job!

Anonymous said...

Looks great - including the teeth ! One of my father's neighbours had a model ship which was in rather bad shape so he asked my father (who was interested in model ships, trains etc) to fix it - I think he was happy with the end result.

I was recently reading a review of a book about the final years of Robert Louis Stevenson which he spent on Somoa in the South Pacific - that's where he wrote "Kidnapped", as far away from Scotland as it's possible to get !

Kid said...

Ta, OD & CJ. I wonder if RLS felt kidnapped living so far from home?

Lionel Hancock said...

A very good job ! Very Impressed..

Phil S said...

I had a Wolfman glow in the dark as a kid. The big question of course was - do you paint the glow on the dark bits? I didn't.

Kid said...

Thanks, LH, glad you like it. PS, I used to do a bot of judicious painting on the 'glow in the dark' parts - like painting in Frankie's eyes, etc. It's easy to mess up though.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...