Tuesday 2 January 2018

REMEMBERING THE COVER OF THE MIGHTY WORLD OF MARVEL #2...


Image copyright MARVEL COMICS

So why the cover of The MIGHTY WORLD Of MARVEL #2 at this moment in time?  It's another one that came down from the wall (in the early hours of this morning) after being there for almost 30 years.  It was faded, rippled, discoloured, and decayed, and the time had come to replace it.  Surprisingly, the area of wallpaper behind the cover was bright and new, revealing my suspicion that the page's condition was caused by dampness coming through the wall to be mistaken.  The effects of entropy had been caused from inside my room, and I realise now that it's probably down to me not opening my window often enough.  That's because the room is the coldest in the house, being an end one at the front which catches Caledonia's inclement elements more severely than the others.

Anyway, it's now been replaced with a bright new doppelganger, freshly printed out specifically for the purpose of filling the space on the wall.  I've printed it on card, so hopefully it'll last longer than its predecessor, which was given a traditional 'Viking funeral' after its many years of loyal service.  So all that remains for me to say is...

"Make Mine Marvel!"

4 comments:

B Smith said...

Can't help thinking the Torch should be shrieking in pain with that arm the way it is...just doesn't look right.

Kid said...

Actually, BS, it looks as if he IS shrieking in pain - it just hasn't been lettered in.

Nick Caputo said...

Early work by Jim Starlin, inked by Joe Sinnott.

Kid said...

Yeah, his style is unmistakable for sure. I'd have liked to see a few more by John Buscema though, as I liked his cover for issue #1.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...